- ½ kilo ground beef
- ¾ cup quick oatmeal
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 1¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine ground beef, oatmeal, milk, egg, onion, salt and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl – do not over mix.
- Transfer meat into a large loaf pan and press it down evenly into the pan.
- Mix tomato sauce, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl.
- Pour over meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain off excess grease. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Best served with mashed potato and mixed veggies.